- TESTS PAIN THRESHOLD
- TESTS PAIN TOLERANCE
- MONITORS TREATMENT PROGRESS
- TESTS TRIGGER & TENDER POINTS
- UNIQUE FIRM GRIP DESIGN
- LARGE 0.5" DIGITAL DISPLAY
- PEAK FORCE HOLD & RECALL
- USB CABLE & DATA SOFTWARE
- UNITS SELECTION: lbf / kgf / N /ozf
- RECHARGEABLE 50 HOUR BATTERY
- Compact firm grip aluminum housing.
- Tension and Compression.
- 5 digit, 0.5" LCD and 5 button keypad.
- Selectable units: lbf, kgf, N and ozf.
- Tension & compression peaks held in memory.
- Simple 5 button control and menu access.
- Displays: LO BAT, T, C, and PEAK.
- Selectable peak sampling: 100 or 1000 / sec.
- USB & RS232 computer/printer output.
- Rechargeable 50 hour NiMH battery.
- Continuous operation with AC adapter/charger.
- Auto-off conserves battery power.
- LO BAT display warns of low battery power.
- 1 cm² rubber tip, NiMH battery, AC adapter/
charger, verification hook, case, USB cable,
USB driver & MESURlite software on CD,
manual and NIST Calibration Certificate.
- Optional: 3" x 1 1/4" foam lined pressure pad.
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
- 13 oz [370 g]. Shipping weight: 2 lb [1 kg].
- 2 3/4" [70 mm] W x 4" [100 mm] H x 1 1/4" [30 mm] D
Pressure Pad -- An optional accessory used
alternately or in addition to the 1 cm²
rubber tip. The patient is active,
pressing the foot, leg or arm
against the pressure pad to
evaluate pain threshold
or pain tolerance.
The Wagner FPIX™ Digital Algometer provides pain diagnostic testing with digital clarity and computer interface for data logging.
Pressure algometry is a reliable measure of pain in muscle, joints, tendons, and ligaments.The FPIX proves benefits of applied medication, physiotherapy or manipulation.
As treatment progresses, the FPIX quantifies improvements or setbacks. Pain threshold measurements provide unique information not obtainable by any other method. The objective measurements give reassurance to patients by confirming their improvement.
The minimum pressure that induces pain in tender and trigger points of tissue. The FPIX quantitatively assesses the tenderness of hypersensitive areas. The FPIX 25 with 10 gram sensitivity is most popular for pain threshold testing, determination of the minimum pressure that triggers pain at the point of interest.
The point where painful pressure stimulus cannot be tolerated. The FPIX assesses pain sensitivity for maximum tolerated pressure.
||10 x 0.01 lbf
||160 x 0.2 ozf
||5 x 0.005 kgf
||50 x 0.05 N
||25 x 0.02 lbf
||400 x .5 ozf
||10 x 0.01 kgf
||100 x 0.1 N
||50 x 0.05 lbf
||800 x .5 ozf
||25 x 0.02 kgf
||250 x 0.2 N
||100 x 0.1 lbf
||1600 x .5 ozf
||50 x 0.05 kgf
||500 x 0.5 N
|* FPIX 10 - For tissue over bone and more sensitive areas.
|** FPIX 25 - Most popular for pain threshold trigger points.
|*** FPIX 50 - Popular with dual use for pain threshold and pain tolerance.
|**** FPIX 100 - For veterinary use on large animals, e.g., horses.
|Included: 1 cm² rubber tip, NiMH battery, AC adapter/charger, verification hook, case, USB cable, USB driver & MESURlite software on CD, manual and NIST Calibration Certificate.
||1 cm2 Flat Rubber Tip - Replacement
||3" x 1 1/4" Pressure pad - Optional
||Cable, USB, FPIX to PC, Male A - Replacement
||Cable, RS232 FPIX to PC, 9 pin/DB
|* Included with FPIX algometer.
|** Includes USB cable, driver and MESURlite data collection software on a CD.
|*** Requires RS232 serial port on the computer.
|NOTE: MESURlite download is also available at: www.mark-10.com